Age is just a number with Thermage®.
Thermage® is a non-surgical, zero-downtime treatment that people around the world swear by. It tightens, smoothens, and contours the skin for an instantly younger look.
What is Thermage®?
Thermage® is also referred to as a non-invasive “facelift”. It uses heating and cooling techniques to improve the appearance of skin. It addresses the common signs of aging, such as wrinkles and sagginess.
Approved by the FDA in 2001, Thermage® continues to be one of the world's most trusted aesthetic treatments.
How it works
The skin is made up of several layers. The outermost layer is the epidermis and beneath is the dermis. The dermis contains collagen proteins that come in layers of fiber known as fibrils.
Over time, the fibril layers loosen, which, in turn, causes skin sagginess.
Thermage® uses radio-frequency to disrupt and heat the collagen-rich skin layer. The fibrils contract and thicken, which results in tighter skin. The tip of the hand-piece then vibrates and cools the surface to ensure your comfort.
What to expect
● Before your therapy, we take photos of the treatment area for before and after comparison.
● We ask you to remove any metal accessories as they may interfere with the radiofrequency. The same goes for makeup or dirt so we make sure to clean the area thoroughly first.
● We apply a temporary grid, which we pre-draw on a sheet and then transfer to your skin. The grid is made up of circles and squares and we use it as a guide during the procedure so pulses won’t overlap.
● We do a test pulse first to check if the heat level is tolerable for you. Afterward, we deliver the radiofrequency into the area.
● Each pulse comes with a cooling sensation. No anesthesia is used that’s why constant communication is necessary to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
● Every session may last for up to 3 hours. The duration depends on the size or the number of areas to be treated.
Where can Thermage® be used?
Thermage® can be used for both the face and body. Common treatment areas are the face, neck, eyelids, and stomach. Other areas where you can safely tighten your skin include your arms, thighs, knees, and buttocks.
Is there any special preparation necessary?
You don’t need any special preparation for the therapy. But it helps to keep your skin well hydrated so it responds better to heat stimulation. Drink plenty of water and apply moisturizers days before your appointment.
Since Thermage has minimal to zero downtime, you can resume your regular daily activities. Any side effects, such as minor redness or swelling, are temporary and usually go away within 24 hours.
Benefits of Thermage®
● Non-surgical and non-invasive
● Safe and has been around for more than 10 years
● Rejuvenates skin texture
● Tightens skin, reduces sagginess
● Lifts brows and jowls
● Minimizes acne marks
● Improves jawline
● Can be used on various body parts
● Improves cellulite
● Almost instant recovery
How many sessions will I need?
You can already benefit from a single treatment. You and your doctor will determine the right course of treatment for your needs and goals.
Learn more about Thermage® today See why Thermage® is one of today’s most popular skin tightening solutions. Contact us at BioTouch today to schedule your consultation.
Email: [email protected]